Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Good Night Sleep Tight



So I've decided that it is time to start sewing again.  It is something that I've always loved to do and now since I have a little extra time and lots of grandkids and a granddaughter who has shown an interest in sewing I figured it's time to brush up.  
These are some of the pillow cases that I've made....Madison  put in the request that she wanted to learn how to make one.    She made hers and did a great job.  She has picked up on sewing quite well.  
I made the other 11 and have to say they were so much fun and made for each child with lots of love.
So may you each sleep well or just lounge around and always know that Nana loves you.

13 comments:

Jennifer said...

hmmmm . . . I think you need to get back into sewing little girls' clothing. Cute pillowcases, I won't show the boys your post. SHHH!

Jennifer said...

yes, there was a lot of puke flying around at Christmas, one to remember

hayleemj said...

what a cute grandma you are! That is such a fun idea. I love the pillowcases. I am sewing right now... the mess is beginning to get to me though, I have fabric and my sewing stuff sprawled out everywhere right now.

Johnson Fam said...

Awwww cute....I want to be a fun grandma too. You know I'm not much of a sweing type but if it's easy I could try. OH by the way we need another missionary stocking made....hint hint.

Walter and Lynsi Hohmann said...

Oh my gosh, Diane. The pillow cases are adorable! They turned out awesome! Walt and I had a lot of fun at dinner last night. We always love spending time with you guys. We wish we could head to San Antonio with you today. Hope you guys have fun!

Stephanie said...

We LOVE our pillow cases!! All 3 MUST have it to go to sleep. Carson prefers his pillow over his blanket...maybe b/c his blanket is holding on by threads. And I agree with Jenn - I'll be sending my list of clothes for you to make for Reese.

Holly Child said...

CUTE pillowcases! My mom makes pillowcases for my kids too and they just love them! Your blog is fun to read! :o)

Holly Child
(Steph's friend from S.A. and Kim's friend from The Woodlands)
www.hollychild.typepad.com

Jenni said...

Hi Diane!!! How are you?? SO those are the cutest pillowcases! My mom had a few made for my boys a few years ago...they match their bedding...they have little puppies on them cause they both LOVE dogs (I'm the mean mommy that says no to the pets though!) You are the cutest NANA to your grandkids!!!

Jessica said...

Don't stop blogging! I love the pillow cases and really LOVE LOVE LOVE the Keys pics. I've been to Key West but not Largo. I can't get over the key lime pie!!!

Barlow Fam said...

What are you smoking!?!?!? You can't start a fun blog and then threaten to quit! STAY, STAY, STAY!!!

Oh, and your vavation pictures made me want to be you.

Oh, and I love the pillow cases! I have three kids, two girly girls and one boy. They'd each love one. tee hee hee.

Tyler & Michelle said...

How cute! I want one!.....

Sabs said...

can you teach stephanie how to sew and then she can teach me??? super cute!

Unknown said...

What a good nana you are! I hope you and Miss Madison enjoy your sewing time together. If you need some more project ideas, check out makeitandloveit.blogspot.com. She has lots of fun ideas!